I was just thinking that with social gatherings not being a thing anymore, my new found free time that I have during my lunch hour (since the gym is closed) can't be filled up with meeting someone at a restaurant for lunch. Damn!
I have been slacking big time with my meal planning lately and have been relying heavily on restaurants, but I am going to have to be better with my meal planning. What better time to form a new habit than when the world is topsy-turvy?! Am I right?
For me, meal planning means breakfast at home (or something easy for on-the-go), snacks for work, lunches packed for work & dinners that will be quick, easy and healthy for my family.
My family LOVES snacks, so I am tackling that one first. Here are some ideas for healthy snacks to pack for work or for your family. TIP: Try matching a protein with a veggie or a fruit with a healthy fat.
1. Sweet Potato Bagel Chips & Greek Yogurt Dip
2. Cinnamon Apples & Cottage Cheese
3. BBQ Kale Chips & Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
4. Low Carb Cauliflower Hummus & Raw Veggies
5. Carrot Cake Energy Bites
6. Hard Boiled Eggs (Try making them in your Instapot)
7. Ham with Raw Cucumbers & Grape Tomatoes
8. Baked Apple Chips & Cream Cheese
9. Apples & Peanut Butter
10. Chef's Salad Lettuce Wrap
PS. I found a lot of these ideas on Pinterest so hang out there for a bit to grab some more ideas!